The canton’s quarterly business meeting was held online July 24. The minutes below were recorded by Alienor Salton and edited by Mathghamhain Ua Ruadháin.
• Alienor Salton, Seneschal
• Zahra de Andaluzia, Exchequer
• Mathghamhain Ua Ruadháin, Herald
• Simon Talbot, Webminister
• Ibrahim al-Rashid, Arts & Sciences
• Angelica di Nova Lipa, Chatelaine and Vicereine
• Jenna Childslayer
Meeting called to order at 7:08.
- Our canton name change has been delayed.
- The Cloisters demo has been canceled.
- Most of us on the call will be at Pennsic — please drop by the Østgarðr potluck, Thursday Aug. 8th, starting at 5:30 pm or so.
- After we get back from Pennsic, we will resume doing the kinds of activities we were doing in the spring, including gallery visits and dancing.
- Sept. 22-23, An Dubh has a new demo at Longwood Estates in Suffolk. Historically plausible garb is important for this event.
- Last quarter all the exchequers had a study hall. It would be nice to do it again.
- Elizabeth: Could Appleholm host a schola?
- Simon: Appleholm likes nothing better!
- Mathghamhain: I would love to do a show-and-tell A&S day, with a simple dayboard, and live dancing & music.
- Zahra: Why not both?
- Mathghamhain: Let’s find a venue! I volunteer myself & Alienor to call around the sites we previously scoped.
- Simon: I’m ready to step down as webminister, but willing to continue if needed.
- All: THANK YOU FOR YOUR MANY YEARS OF SERVICE.
- Alienor: Please feel free to step down now; there’s no need to drag this out past the point where you’re enjoying it.
- Mathghamhain: I will take over the office. We can arrange the logistics after Pennsic. Thank you for sticking around even after moving away.
[Meeting adjourned at 7:26pm and then almost immediately re-opened when Ibrahim joined the call.]
- Let’s resume regular A&S gatherings when we return from Pennsic.
- We had one earlier this year and would like to have more.
- You can borrow our schola site, which is public transit accessible.
Meeting fully ended at 7:31pm.